Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Tides Start to Turn

I'm doing this blog on my iPod touch so I feel like I'm doing a teeny-weeny blog. It really is incredibly difficult to type on this thing; but a novelty no less. I'm sitting in a Caribou Coffee right now trying to catch up on homework. As usual this semester has not been successful, I wonder if I'll ever have the motivation to be a good student again. I've done it before! My first year of college I recieved a 3.6 GPA and went on the national honors list. I don't know where that "me" went to. Now I'm someone that only maybe-sorta goes to class, is forever behind with projects, I go to bed at 2 or 3am, eat terrible, I talk myself out of going to class and hanging out with friends, I don't exercise, I spend way to much time watching anime or on YouTube, or playing games on the computer, I have no portfolio to prove I'm an artist and with these grades I doubt I will ever be excepted into grad school. Yep, basically I'm one step away from being a bum.
Not to mention I don't think I've picked up my bible in months which makes it that much worse because not only am I failing society, I'm failing god!
Well, obviously, I've come to grips with my short comings, which they say is the first step. I don't know where to start or what what to change first but I know something has to happen. I did decided to read the bible daily starting in Genesis and reading through to Revelations. I know that will be a good step for me. It scared me the other day when I couldn't remember how many days Noah was in the ark. I mean that's basic stuff there...5 year-olds know that! It made me really ashamed for some reason. :(
Yep, that's my first step tomorrow! I'M GOING TO STICK TO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment